Associate Executive Director
THE SANIBEL COMMUNITY ASSOCIATION
Position Description Summary:
The Associate Executive Director’s primary responsibilities include marketing, volunteer coordination, events and programming, as well as assisting the Executive Director as needed. The Associate Executive Director will work to ensure that those using the Community House have an excellent experience while ensuring smooth and profitable operations of the facility. This is a full-time position reporting to the Executive Director (ED) and includes evening and weekend work as needed.
Position Responsibilities and Job Duties:
- Manage all events and classes at The Community House, including contracts, logistics, set up, clean up, décor, and client relations.
- Manage marketing and public relations including press releases, website sales, grant writing, social media, membership development and communication, invitations etc.
- Recruit, manage, train, and encourage volunteers.
- Staff and attend community outreach events while promoting our mission to the local community.
- Act as direct support to the Executive Director to assist with daily operations, fundraising, client and membership development and any other areas deemed appropriate by the ED.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Expertise:
- Leadership and organizational abilities.
- Written and oral communication skills, with attention to detail.
- Computer skills. Easily able to make entries to website, develop social media and to (develop and) use excel, power point and word.
- Self-Starter with a positive enthusiastic attitude that enjoys working with people.
- Team player who loves a challenge and has a high level of integrity & reliability.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree in Non-profit/Public/Organizational Management or any equivalent closely related field.
- 3-5 years of work experience in a similar field.
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FLMA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or productivity standards.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FLMA and other federal, state and local standards.
- Ability to express and exchange ideas by talking, listening and speaking professionally.
- Ability to have visual acuity to determine accuracy and thoroughness of the work assigned.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 25 lbs.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. SCA reserves the right to amend or change.