THE SANIBEL COMMUNITY ASSOCIATION
POSITION DESCRIPTION SUMMARY:
Be the first positive, upbeat voice of The Community House. Work closely managing reservations and payments and assuring visitors to SCA feel welcomed and appreciated. This position is primarily Monday-Friday 9 am -3 pm.
- Assist with answering telephone, screening, and directing calls, take reservations and payments for SCA programs
- Working closely with Facility Users, providing tours, checking availability, information, assuring estimates are sent out by the Admin. Asst., finalizing detailed site plan
- Eventually will assist in the management of the SCA internal calendar, and handles the majority of google reservation documents
- Monitor all linen inventory and place orders according to need. Keep linen secure.
- Assist with creating Flyers for programs inclusive of keeping lobby supplied with them
- Provide stellar customer service to visitors, as well as inquiries on the phone. Under promise, Over deliver!
- Supply information regarding the organization to the general public, members, and facility users
- Keep all public areas and offices tidy, well organized and clean
- Handle questions and concerns professionally and courteously
- Checks and responds to voice mail messages
- Process purchases and sales handling cash and cc process
- Ability to work without direct supervision and remain at assigned post for extended periods of time
- Maintain a positive attitude and contribute toward a quality work environment for staff and public.
- Communicate to Executive Director any and all occurrences that require attention.
- Assist in all areas of operation as requested by management. May require schedule changes.
- Contribute to the coordination of events, programs, classes inclusive of tickets, reservations, lists and other areas as needed
- Works on special projects or other duties as assigned by DO or Executive Director
- Must understand the process for facility usage and fees
- Handles tours of the facility with knowledge of the historical aspects interspersed.
- Ensures rental documents, insurance certificates and invoices are sent out and maintained in the Facility Users file
- Works with SCA Team to ensure event is set up properly according to contract, layouts, etc.
- On occasion may be relied on to set up or change a set up for facility users
- Handle tracking and revisiting potential rentals
- High school diploma required,
- Strong knowledge of customer service principles and practices and public relations
- Donor data base systems, Canva knowledge preferred
- Knowledge of computers and relevant software applications such as excel, and word
- Familiarity with social media, and word press preferred
- Knowledge of customer service
- Keyboard skills
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Team player
- Enjoys people
- Professional personal presentation
- Customer service orientation
- Organizing and planning
- Attention to detail
- Stress tolerance
- Social Media
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FLMA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or productivity standards.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FLMA and other federal, state and local standards.
- Ability to express and exchange ideas by talking, listening, writing and speaking professionally
- Have visual acuity to determine accuracy, neatness and thoroughness of the work assigned.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. SCA reserves the right to amend or change responsibilities to meet the organizational needs at any time. Employees are subject to a background check.
Share this post: