THE SANIBEL COMMUNITY ASSOCIATION
POSITION DESCRIPTION SUMMARY:
This individual will be responsible for working with groups who have meetings/events at the Community House. In addition, this person will assist with the Events of The Community House. The Meeting and Event Coordinator is responsible for logistics, set-up, and décor of all SCA Events as well as oversight of an events volunteer team. They will work along with each group utilizing The Community House, assuring site plans are accurate and all the paperwork is completed and filed, and the client is happy. This position is mostly nights and weekends. Reports to the Director of Operations with dotted line to the E.D.
- Plan, coordinate and execute event details for SCA Events and Facility Users, asking for help when needed
- Working closely with Facility Users providing excellent customer service, assuring estimates are sent out and site plan completed.
- Manage all event set-up, tear down, and follow-up processes, as well as addressing potential problems that may arise
- Be comfortable with directing outside vendors as needed
- Contact all facility users at least a month ahead of their event and assure you have all their details including their final event diagram for set up, etc.
- Double check all BEO’s (banquet event orders) for all detailed information, then forward to Dir. Of Operations prior to circulating to file and staff
- Conduct final inspections on the day of the event to ensure everything is set and up to standards.
- Assess an event’s overall success and share findings.
- Work with volunteers and vendors to ensure event success
- Assure detailed meeting and event notes including set up diagrams are in each Groups specific folder.
- Other Duties as assigned
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, college education preferred
- Ability to present information concisely and effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to organize and prioritize work with attention to detail
- Ability to work both independently and with little supervision
- Flexible, enthusiastic, and team-oriented
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a sense of humor
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Must be team player with positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service
- Improve the operational systems, processes and policies in support of organization’s mission — specifically, support better management reporting
- Assist in managing a comprehensive program including instructional programs, events for all ages, and year around programming
- Perform duties as liaison to all facility users
- Coordinate all volunteers for our events working closely with the D.O.
- Commitment to organization and the mission
- Excellent computer skills and proficient in excel, word, outlook, access, publisher/flyers
- A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards and a diverse workplace
- Excels at operating in a fast pace, community environment
- Open to direction and +Collaborative work style and commitment to get the job done
IDEAL CANDIDATE SKILLS:
- Professional personal presentation
- Customer service orientation
- Organized and detail oriented, punctual
- Attention to detail
- Stress tolerance
- Multi- tasking
- Social Media
- Ability to perform the essential job functions consistently, safely and successfully with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or productivity standards.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
- Ability to express and exchange ideas by talking, listening, writing and speaking professionally.
- Have visual acuity to determine accuracy, neatness and thoroughness of the work assigned.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls, reach with hands, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, and talk and hear.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
This description is not intended to be a complete statement of job content, rather to act as a guide to the essential functions performed. Management retains the discretion to add or change the duties of the position at any time.
Share this post: